Sunday, July 22, 2012

Prints, Prints and more Prints.

Just a little blog post showing off some of the prints i've done so far, some are objects of my own design, some are from thingiverse.

One of my first upgrades was this print, its a lm8uu bearing holder i use with my y-axis. Works quite well and is on thingiverse:



Next, the obligatory Pink Panther woman from thingiverse:
One is at 50%, with infill, the second is at 100% with no infill, both are at 0.1mm resolution and they come up brilliantly. Im not sure what type of PLA the blue is, but its got a very opalescent quality to it that makes almost everything quite pretty.

Then some more printer upgrades:
This is my Custom designed y-idler mount, which wasnt around very long as i realised since im going to make a design with a base, i might as well make one with a tensioner that would fit on my own printer, so it was replaced with this (another of my own design):
This one works very well, very adjustable and comes together very easily.

Next, at the other end of my Y-axis i created a motor mount:
Again, this is my own design, works well but not much different from what you might see on other people printers.

My Next print was one of my my more complex and ambitious models. Its a box for the control board on my printer and its quite complicated in design, but its finally come together nicely:
The print itself didnt come out so great, but its quite good and functional, and heres the lid:

Then, the rest of my prints are mostly from thingiverse for friends:



There are quite a lot more prints then this, but these are the highlights..

My next post will be about the incremental upgrades i've made to my printer... from rap to strap!

No comments:

Post a Comment